Good afternoon my friends… I want to give you a jolt with some powerful statistics. If you care about reaching the marketplace with your message or even your product and you want to be in business 36 months from now, I suggest you read these stats, then watch the video below found on YouTube. It tells the story.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
- It took 38 years for radio to reach 50 million users, 13 years for TV, 4 years for the internet, 3 years for iPod users but Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months!
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is not teenagers. It is 55 – 65 year old females. If Facebook were a country, it would be the 4th largest in the world!
- Ashton Kutcher and Ellen DeGeneres have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Ireland, Norway and Panama!
- 25% of search results for the world’s top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content.
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations – Only 14% trust advertisements
- In the near future, we will no longer search for products and services… they will find us via social media
- Social media isn’t a fad. It’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.
- Successful companies in social media act more like party planners, aggregators and content providers than traditional advertisers.
When you’re finished watching, you may need to revisit the webinar we did with David G. Johnson a few weeks back. Hundreds of you watched it. If you missed it, I suggest you check it out here after you watch the video. You’ll be invited to participate in David’s upcoming Social Media training for small business. The sign up deadline for that training is next Friday, September 11th.Ê Don’t miss out. Have a great weekend!